An Introduction to Online Academic Writing

Last Updated: July 8, 2023


Hitting Rock Bottom

Recovering from alcohol addiction is a hard thing. Often one starts the recovery process only to relapse again. 

So far there is only one body that has found a consistent formula to help alcoholics. You may have heard about them, they are called; 

Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).

Any alcoholic joining Alcoholic anonymous is by default categorized into two; Those who have hit rock bottom and those who have not. 

This categorization is a clear reflection of the chances of recovery. Those who have hit rock bottom usually have an 80% chance of recovering from alcoholism. Those who have not have a meager 20%.

Why am I telling you about alcoholism in a post titled an introduction to Online Writing?

Because it is a good analogy to what had happened to me.

I sat there looking at the padlock hanging from the door of my former house in disbelief. The landlord had finally had enough of my lies. 

This was the third month in a row that I had failed to pay rent. Each time, I had gone to the landlord with a version of the same story. 

‘Mr. Landlord, don’t worry, I am working on it. Just give me one more month.’

The truth was, I had no idea how I was going to pay the rent. Like thousands of youth in Nairobi (Kenya), I had graduated from the University of Nairobi with high hopes. I was going to find a job, buy a house, buy a car, get married, and live happily ever after. 

After trying to find work for three months, I realized that the dream I had cultivated over the years was a pipe dream. 

It was obviously going to take a lot of time to find a job. And even the job I would find would not be enough to buy me a car let alone a house.

The gods of Luck Shine Upon me

 Two months after being thrown out of my house, I was ready to give up. 

My plan now was to pack all my belongings and go upcountry. But first, I decided to give it one more try.

The first order of business was to find a place to stay. That was sorted out when one of my cousins allowed me to crash in a couch in his house. 

From the start, I knew I was on borrowed time. I had to find something to do as fast as I could. Something to hang on. Something to give me a life line. 

But what was it going to be? If only I knew someone who was making money without a job. Was it even possible to make money without a job?

As luck would have it, I happened to stumble upon exactly such a person. And yes, a job is the last thing you need to make money.

Academic Writing; Secret Hidden in Plain Sight

After two years of being jobless and broke, my life was about to change for good. All it had taken was one statement. ‘It is possible to make money online’.

My primary school teacher, Mr. Ernest, was the type of person who was forward-looking. During the early 2000’s he lobbied to get us computers. I remember him standing in the parade and telling us how computers were going to be the next big thing. 

At the time our naïve minds could not understand what he was saying.

The last time I had seen Mr. Ernest was in the year 2009 as I graduated from primary school. He had such a stable career that we all knew he was going to be a teacher for the rest of his life. 

Imagine the shock when I learned that he was no longer teaching. Instead, he was doing some online thing.

‘No one makes money online. It is a scam, right.

A visit to my former teacher was enough to clear away any doubts that I had about working online. There are many things you can do online. 

Mr. Ernest was doing academic writing.

Academic writing happens to be one of the easiest ways to make money online. If you have hit rock bottom like me, it is a perfect place to start. 

I want to start Academic Writing, what do I do?

The biggest barrier to making money online is not having the right information. You need a system that has been proven to work. You need someone to hold your hand and show you the way. That is exactly what I am here for. 

I have been where you are right now. I know what it feels not to afford a meal. I know how it feels not to have a home. That is why this course is available to you for free.

If you follow all that is listed in this course, then you will be earning money writing online in no time.